The Holy Eucharist is the source and summit of Christian life. For children, the understanding and appreciation of the celebration of the Holy Eucharist (Mass), grows with time and is fostered and encouraged through regular attendance at Mass and the Christian life and values lived at home.
Our Children's Mass on Saturdays
- Our catechism programme begins on Saturday afternoon, with the children gathering in the classrooms between 4:00 and 4:15 pm, where they will meet their catechists and co catechists.
- Class ends at 5:15 pm. Their catechists lead them up to Mass shortly before 5:30 pm, where they sit with their fellow classmates from Grades 1 to 8 during the Mass.
- Our Kindergartners are collected by their parents from class at 5:15 pm and can proceed to the area assigned for them in the main church.
- The first 10 pews on either side of the main church will be reserved for the children in our catechism group.
- Please wait till the Recessional hymn is complete. To ensure the safety of all children, please cooperate with us and advise the children to identify to the catechist when you are leaving with your child. Do not pull children halfway through the closing hymn as we would have no log of the child.
- At the end of Mass, for parents with children in Grades 1 - 3, please collect them from church after mass. For Grades 4 - Grade 8 (Confirmation), please advise and coordinate a meeting point within the parish premises with your child(ren). This ensures their safety from moving vehicles and general traffic outside the church compound.
- Our Teen Ministry may organise mini social events to build community after mass. Regular updates will be sent so you can be a part of it and get to know your fellow Saturday parent.
In a non-Christian country, where access to Catholic Schools where religious education imparted on a daily basis is limited, you will appreciate that we are fortunate, to be able to give our children a chance to learn and grow in knowledge, appreciation and understanding of their Catholic Faith, through a wonderful weekly Mass and Catechism Programme, such as the one you have now enrolled your child.